Handwriting is more than a personality-type indicator. Handwriting is brain writing; the communication transaction concludes with a tangible time-stamped view of a person’s inner thoughts and emotions
Twenty Reasons why to use handwriting as a supplement to pre-employment screens, interviewing for internal positions, forensic interviews, recruiting screens, and investigations.
- Dr. Doscher’s method …is noninvasive
- …is a screening tool for truthful and deceptive statements.
- …recognizes and differentiates truth and deception from the truth and cognitive load.
- …is not a subjective analysis based on correlations.
- …is an individualized, measurable analysis, specific to the person writing the statement.
- …is an analytical screening method.
- …is brain activity on paper.
- …is not language specific; it has been tested in 5 languages!
- …addresses the unpredictable nature of human behavior.
- …presents a time-stamped, tangible representation of a person’s cognitive responses.
- …indirectly measure of neuro-psychological responses.
- …is applied before initial interviews/interrogations.
- …statements may be written on lined or unlined paper, with a pen or a pencil.
- …statements may be written in cursive or print.
- …baselines are obtained simultaneously with the written statement.
- … is not tolerant to manipulative behaviors, found in sex offenders and repeat criminals.
- …results are not race or gender dependent.
- …results are based on intra-subject ratios.
- …samples are not compared or based on other subjects’ behaviors.
- …results are presented as court-ready documents.
Full description and explanation during the full audio podcast
Michelle Doscher, PhD has 25+ years combined experience in various areas of investigative work, encompassing chemical analyses, crime scene investigations, expert testimony, research and development, forensic interviewing, and instruction/training.
A digital magazine focused on the death investigation community. Dedicated to improving skills and enriching lives of investigators.
Coroners, Medical Examiner Investigators, Police, and Forensic students. This hybrid course looks at death investigation from a combined perspective of law enforcement and medicolegal death investigations.
MLDI online Academy is a Nationally Accredited online training designed to teach all aspects of death investigation and scene management. Unlike any other coroner training today, this course offers a blended learning style combining online self-paced video training, along with opportunities for live interaction with instructors several times throughout the program, and a unique private Facebook group open only to students of Coroner School™ where everyone can interact and ask questions.
MLDI online Academy is a six-week guided course with certified instructors. However, at the end of the six weeks, you still have access to all videos, downloadable material, and the private Facebook group. You can return to the online school anytime to finish up the courses or as a refresher in certain topic areas.
The Death Investigation Training Academy was founded to play an integral role in the death investigation community. The need for quality accredited training is in short supply and high demand. Using a combination of classroom training, live on site scenario exercises, and web-based training, the Death Investigation Training Academy is filling the need of 21st-century investigators.